University of Medicine and Health
Professor, Associate Professor,
and Assistant Professor
Basic Science Program
campus in St. Kitts, West Indies
Send letter of
interest, CV, and references to:
This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you
This e-mail address is being protected from
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences-St. Kitts (UMHS) invites
applications for a faculty position at all ranks.
UMHS is a state of the art medical school
located on the exotic Caribbean Island of St. Kitts. Faculty have a unique
opportunity to become involved in the growth and success of the institution,
and most importantly the opportunity to educate and nurture a new generation
of physicians prepared to meet the 21st century health care delivery in a
rapidly changing world.
candidate will be responsible for teaching a course in Physiology offered in
the second semester. The UMHS calendar year has three fifteen week
semesters, with two to three weeks break between semester for faculty leave. Responsibilities
1. Developing and providing students with approved syllabi
and learning objectives.
2. Organizing, preparing, and regularly updating course
3. Delivering effective lectures utilizing a variety of
teaching techniques and state of the art teaching technologies.
4. Preparing and administering examinations, grading
in a timely manner, and providing feedback to students.
5. Focusing on student success by being available to
students during non-teaching time.
6. Serving on faculty committees.
7. Participating in training to qualify as a facilitator in
our problem based learning program.
8. Supervising students in a variety of activities,
including but not limited to, problem based learning activities,
human-computer simulation activities in the UMHS virtual hospital ward, and
activities in local clinical settings.
9. Serve in the capacity of the Course Director and
1. US tax free foreign earned income up to ninety
thousand dollars a year.
2. Health Insurance plan University paid for
employee and available to spouse and children at employee’s expense
3. Participation in faculty continuing education
or national conference in the US once annually.
4. Modern, state of the art campus and facilities
in which to teach and conduct research.
• Must have a passion for teaching
• Minimum of an earned Ph.D. in Physiology.
• Three to five years experience teaching medical physiology in a US or Canadian medical program
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
About UMHS: UMHS’s charter class began in May, 2008. We offer a traditional Doctor of
Medicine (MD) degree. The university operates year round and offers three
semesters per calendar year which
start in January, May, and September. Students complete the Basic
Science Program at the UMHS at our state of the art campus in St Kitts.
The fifth semester occurs at the UMHS campus in Portland, Maine.
Students complete their third year of core clinical rotations and fourth year
of elective rotations in one of our many affiliated, accredited teaching
hospitals throughout the United States. To graduate, students must successfully
complete the UMHS medical program and pass the USMLE Step1, Step 2 CK and
Step 2 CS. UMHS graduates are
eligible to apply for a US residency and subsequently may practice medicine
in the United States and Canada.
UMHS utilizes innovative teaching techniques such as a 24-bed virtual
hospital, small class sizes with individualized attention, and the use of
technology to enhance instruction. The faculty is highly
credentialed and recruited primarily from the United States.